Verus Research is searching for a Junior Electrical Engineer with software development experience to perform modeling and simulation (M&S) software development as well as research and development (R&D) and analysis in the directed energy (DE) technical area, with specific focus on high-power electromagnetic (HPEM) applications. All candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. The Junior Electrical Engineer will work under the supervision and direction of a Senior Electrical Engineer or Senior Computational Physicist in performing experimental testing and analysis to support the development and application of computational and empirical models that describe the interaction of HPEM systems with electronic systems of interest. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Junior Electrical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of electromagnetic modeling and analytical skills, the ability to work in teams, and the capability to communicate and provide coherent reporting of technical concepts to the team lead. The following qualifications are highly desirable:
Apply For This Job
- 1-3 years of experience working in relevant technical areas in the academic, or DoD R&D environments
- S. degree in electrical engineering, applied physics or other relevant engineering discipline
- Software development experience with C++, LabVIEW, or MATLAB for data analysis
- Experience in modeling electromagnetic systems using CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, etc.
Verus Research is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to perform research and development (R&D) in directed energy (DE) and high-power electronic warfare (HPEW) applications. All candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. The Senior Electrical Engineer will perform experimental testing and analysis to support the development and application of predictive and empirical models that describe the interaction of high-power microwaves (HPM) with electronic systems of interest. In addition, the applicant will leverage these predictive and empirical models to develop counter-HPM strategies which can be implemented at the target system level, and use higher order simulation analysis to derive implications and make recommendations for the utility of these counter-HPM technologies for mission-level engagement scenarios. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Electrical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, experimental and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
Apply For This Job
- 10 or more years of experience working in relevant technical areas in a DoD research or academic environment
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, applied physics or other relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and operation of radio frequency (RF) front-end systems, antenna and printed circuit board (PCB) design and fabrication, RF and microwave measurements, RF propagation analysis, and outdoor RF testing
- Prior experience with LabVIEW, MATLAB, CST Microwave Studio, HFSS or Mathematica as these applications pertain to laboratory-scale test instrument automation, signal processing, and data analysis for RF test and evaluation activities is strongly desired